I’m using Windows 10 and trying to install my new WD portable Passport. Summary: The WD My Passport for Mac is not showing up in Finder nor in Disk Utility? ALPHONSE October 15, 2015, 2:40am #17. Bill_S October 15, 2015, 2:40am #18. “I have a WD Passport 500GB portable external hard drive that has been formatted with Ext2 and it works well. I can find it, but I can’t open it and view the files. Plug the WD Passport into the computer's USB port. The My Passport SSD looks different from drives of yesteryear we've seen from WD. The My Passport line looks identical to the new WD My Book (only smaller), as WD is moving towards a more streamlined look for their external storage portfolio. The Western Digital Ultra Portable 2TB external hard drive is a small and portable hard drive that can securely store your files offline. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up

But I find that it cannot be opened in File Explorer, after connecting it to my home computer that running Windows 7. However, if I plug it into the TV, it recognizes some or most of the files, so I … I am using Windows Vista.The device comes up on my taskbar but nothing shows up in Disk Management.

For the latest WD When I plug my WD passport into my computer (or any computer) it isn’t coming up. And there is a message as follows: G:\ is not accessible. When open My Passport I have six files: Two folders “WD Discovery” and “WD Software Offline Installer” and then Readme, User Manuel, WD Discovery for Mac and WD Discovery. Shop for wd my passport at Best Buy. MY PASSPORT ESSENTIAL PORTABLE HARD DRIVE USER MANUAL GETTING STARTED – 1 Getting Started Thank you for purchasing this WD product. WD 1TB My Passport Wireless Pro Portable External Hard Drive - Wi-Fi AC, SD, USB 3.0 - WDBVPL0010BBK-NESN. What you need to do is to get your actual hard drive out of My passport WD case and plug it into the Z10 pins and that’s it. My WD Passport Essential Not Detected.

The Passport comes in multiple different sizes, all of which are highly capable of backing up large amounts of files.

It does the same thing on a Windows or a Mac. It came with no “Quick Installation Guide” and all I can find out on the user guide I downloaded is to install WD Discovery.exe.

The WD My Passport Ultra comes with the software which can be easily installed on your Windows/Mac computer.
The volume does not contain a recognized file system. Follow the tutorial in this article to fix the issue and recover lost data from not showing up/not working WD HDD without data loss. The My Passport™ Essential Portable Hard Drive provides high-performance portable storage for your PC and Mac® and comes with sync & encryption and Google™ software (PC only). Supported Operating Systems: Formatted ExFAT for: Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 7 operating systems Mac OS X El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks or Mountain Lion DLNA/UPnP or Plex-enabled devices for streaming Compatibility may vary depending on user's … Western Digital builds a portable hard drive style called the Passport, which looks about the size of a travel passport and connects to a computer's USB port.